Ladies backpack of greyish blue vintage eco leather - York
- Brand: MoreThanHip-ArtisanWell
- Sustainability: (semi) eco leather, fair trade, handicraft
- Colour: blue
- Material: leather
- Dimensions: 28 x 33 x 9 cm
- Delivery: directly from stock
For companies and institutions, MoreThanHip offers special prices when purchasing larger numbers.
Are you interested in this and would you like to receive a quote? Then enter the name of the article (or different items) and the desired number. You can also add additional wishes, such as the application of logos, packaging and cards.
Submit your application and you will receive a response within one business day.Go to the contact page
- Unique eco & fair collection
- Ordered before 17:00, same working day shipped
- Free shipment in NL above €35,-; BE and D above € 50,-
- Tariffs for the rest of Europe
- Free gift wrapping service
- Personal service
calll: +31 (0)348 - 470140
Smoothly designed compact backpack with many storage compartments
The York is a nice medium sized backpack with a lot of storage compartments and a large compartment that easily fits an A4 writing pad. And yet it does not look large at all.
So ideal to take your daily stuff with you. Moreover, the vegetable tanned and oiled eco leather gives this backpack a beautiful, rugged vintage look.
● External dimensions 28 x 33 x 9 cm
● Robust, vegetable-tanned cow leather
● Lined with strong cotton
● Large zipper pocket on the front and on the back
● Adjustable carrying straps for optimal wearing comfort
● Inside a zipper pocket and 2 pockets for smartphone etc.
● Weight: 650 gram
● Fair made in India
● Available in dark brown, greyish blue and brown vintage
Safe for your stuff
The main compartment is slightly tapered and is fully lined with a zipper pocket and two pockets. The backpack closes with a sturdy double-sided zipper.
On the front of the York is a spacious compartment with a zipper. And also on the back is a zipper pocket. That is directly on your back and is therefore extra safe.
The adjustable straps ensure optimal wearing comfort. With the extra loop you can easily hang the backpack on the coat rack or a chair.
Vegetable tanned leather
This bag is made of cowhide of high quality, tanned mainly with vegetable substances. Then it is treated with oil, which gives the leather a natural and rugged vintage look. This preserves its natural character and will get a beautiful patina over time.
Fairly produced in India
The bags and accessories are produced in a controlled and certified Fair Trade company in India. This means, among other things, that no child labor and no social exploitation of employees takes place and the employees receive a fair wage. The company is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
Fairly produced in India by Artisan Well
This collection of bags and accessories from eco leather is produced by Artisan Well. This is a non-profit organization that has been active since 2005 and offers work to more than 100 artisans in Kolkata (Calcutta) in India.
Artisan Well is all about Fair Trade principles. As a result it is a member of both the WFTO (World Fair Trade Organization) and the Fair Trade Forum India.
Artisan Well wants to offer employment to poor artisans in a fair and sustainable way. As a result, they can provide better support for their families and gain a view of a better future.
An important aspect is that the artisans feel valued and get more self-confidence. This starts with respecting their craftsmanship and creativity. In addition, Artisan Well makes them self-reliant with training to improve professional skills and production efficiency and help develop market-oriented products.
Finally, an overview of the core values of Artisan Well:
• Paying a fair price to the producers and fair wages to the staff.
• No child labour, forced labour or discrimination.
• Offer good working conditions and training.
• Respect for the environment through the use of sustainable raw materials and responsible disposal of waste material.
• Inspire individual artisans to form a cooperative society and work collectively.
• Social services offer such as education, medical care and hygiene improvement.