Billfold men's purse made of truck tarps- Bari
- Brand: MoreThanHip-truck-tarpaulin
- Sustainability: handicraft, recycled/upcycled, vegan
- Colour: blue
- Material: recycled truck tarp
- Dimensions: 11 x 9,5 x 1,5 cm
- Delivery: directly from stock
For companies and institutions, MoreThanHip offers special prices when purchasing larger numbers.
Are you interested in this and would you like to receive a quote? Then enter the name of the article (or different items) and the desired number. You can also add additional wishes, such as the application of logos, packaging and cards.
Submit your application and you will receive a response within one business day.Go to the contact page
- Unique eco & fair collection
- Ordered before 17:00, same working day shipped
- Free shipment in NL above €35,-; BE and D above € 50,-
- Tariffs for the rest of Europe
- Free gift wrapping service
- Personal service
calll: +31 (0)348 - 470140
Unique, strong wallet made of upcycled truck tarpaulin
The Bari billfold is a tough and very durable (men's) wallet made of recycled truck tarpaulin. All copies are unique because of the upcycling of the tarps. This material is really very strong, which guarantees a long lifespan.
● Material: recycled truck tarpaulins
● Dimensions: 11 x 9.5 x 1.5 cm. Fits in any back pocket
● Choose your own favourite
● Each copy is unique or made in a very small edition!
● 99% upcycling (Velcro and press stud are new)
● Handmade in Europe
The interior is also made of truck tarps and offers many practical compartments:
● Two compartments for banknotes
● 5 pockets for cards with an insert pocket behind them
● Coin compartment with Velcro fastener
● Closes with press stud
From truck tarpaulin to bag: 100% sustainable & recycling
This MoreThanHip collection is made from used truck tarpaulin, which are discarded after many years of service on the road. These tarpaulin sails are usually too good for the landfill or incinerator and are ideal for a second life as a designer bag.
Sturdy and unique
You can often clearly see that the tarpaulin has been used and that gives the bags its sturdy look. Because the bags are made from recycled truck tarpaulin, none of these bags is exactly the same.
When designing the bags of truck tarpaulins, both the robustness of the construction, the ease of use and an attractive appearance stand central. For example, there is a lot of attention for the use of colour: the application of both visual features and colour accents.
Upcycling in optima forma
For this collection we work together with a studio where discarded sails are transformed into new bags. This is mainly traditional handicraft.
First the material is cleaned. Followed by the selection of the pieces that are most fun on the front of the bag. The next step is to cut the banners to size using patterns. Ultimately the bag itself is put together.
Other recycled materials are also used in these bags. For instance, the shoulder straps are used seat belts. In some models, bicycle inner tubes are also used to strip edges and air bags for the lining of bags.
Splashproof and wear-resistant
In addition to the rugged appearance, truck tarpaulin is also very practical material. It is waterproof, so that the bags can’t be soaked with rain or splashing water. And it is very strong and not very sensitive to wear. So you have a long time to enjoy.