Necklace with handmade colourful mosaic tile - Cyra
- Brand: Papital
- Sustainability: fair trade, handicraft, vegan
- Colour: blue, dark blue , green, turquoise, white
- Material: other (see description)
- Dimensions: 72 cm maximale draaglengte
- Delivery: directly from stock
For companies and institutions, MoreThanHip offers special prices when purchasing larger numbers.
Are you interested in this and would you like to receive a quote? Then enter the name of the article (or different items) and the desired number. You can also add additional wishes, such as the application of logos, packaging and cards.
Submit your application and you will receive a response within one business day.Go to the contact page
- Unique eco & fair collection
- Ordered before 22:00, same working day shipped
- Free shipment in NL above €35,-; BE and D above € 50,-
- Tariffs for the rest of Europe
- Free gift wrapping service
- Personal service
calll: +31 (0)348 - 470140
Handmade necklace with Persian mosaic tile
With this necklace you wear a special piece of jewellery around your neck. Created based on a miniature mosaic tile with beautiful colours that evokes oriental atmospheres. And easy to combine with different outfits, both casual and dressy.
Absolutely the finishing touch when you go to a party, dinner or other gathering. Even more because you have a good story to tell: designed by Iranian artists, inspired by centuries-old craftsmanship and made by underprivileged women in Iran.
● Material: miniature tile of clay, turquoise and brass
● Size of tiles: 6 x 4 cm
● Maximum carrying length: 72 cm (see photos)
● Also order the matching earrings Cyra
● Designed and handmade in Tehran, Iran
Please note that the tiles are sensitive to moisture. Therefore, do not wear these earrings while exercising or showering.
Photos mosaics and production Katharina Utzolino
Handmade jewellery with colourful mosaic tiles
Papital Gallery is an artists' collective from the Iranian capital Tehran that combines traditional craftsmanship with modern jewellery design. The inspiration comes from the colourful, geometric mosaic decorations of centuries-old Iranian mosques and buildings.
New opportunities for disadvantaged women
For the production of the jewellery Papital works together with Ghalb-e Sefid (White Heart). This is a local non-profit organisation that supports single mothers and women from low-income families. Papital gives these women free workshops and training in jewellery making. The making of the jewellery is entirely handcrafted, which can be done with simple means, including at home.
Handicraft work at home
The tiles in the jewellery are made of clay that is not baked, but dried in the sun. The mosaics are cut from transfer sheets and glued to the tiles. Finally, they are sealed with clear varnish, which makes the jewellery less sensitive to moisture.